Article 1 (Personal Information Protection Policy)
- When the Company outsources the handling of Users’ Personal Information to a third party contractor, the Company shall instruct and supervise the contractor who undertakes the work to manage the Personal Information in the same way and is subject to the same obligations, as the Company.
- The Company shall maintain the Users’ personal information while implementing reasonable safety measures against risks such as unlawful access, loss, destruction, falsification, and unauthorized dissemination.
- When the Company is asked about or requested to make changes to, the Users’ personal information, the Company shall first confirm that the inquiry or request comes from the relevant Users, and then take such measures as are commercially reasonable in the circumstances.
Article 2 (Collection of Personal information)
Users shall ensure that the Personal Information submitted to us is complete, accurate, true, and correct. The Company may collect the Personal Information in the following ways:
- when Users submit any form, including but not limited to application and registration forms;
- when Users enters into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of Users’ interactions with the Company, or when Users use products and/or services of the Company;
- when Users respond to our promotions, apply for a prize, etc.
- when Users interact with the Company’s staff, including customer service officers, for example, via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, social media platforms, and e-mails;
- when the Company receive Users’ personal information in connection with Users’ relationship with the Company, including for products and services or job applications, for example, from business partners, public agencies, employer, referral intermediaries, and the relevant authorities; and/or
Article 3 (Purposes for the Use and Disclosure of Personal information)
The Company may use the Personal Information for the following purposes:
- responding to Users’ Orders, queries, feedback, complaints, and any requests;
- verifying User’s identity;
- sending the e-Newsletters and SMS text messages if Users have subscribed to the Company distribution list;
- conducting market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling, or other purposes for the Company to design the products, understand customer behavior, preferences, and market trends, and to review, develop and improve the quality of the products and services;
- preventing, detecting and investigating crime and analyzing and managing commercial risks;
- in connection with any claims, actions, or proceedings (including but not limited to drafting and reviewing documents, transaction documentation, obtaining legal advice, and facilitating dispute resolution), and/or protecting and enforcing the order and legal rights and obligations;
- conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud; and/or
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Article 4 (Disclosure of Personal information)
The Company will take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information against unauthorized disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, the Personal Information may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following entities or parties, whether they are located in Singapore or overseas:
- the Company’s affiliated and/or related corporations (AirTrip International Corp. and AirTrip Corp.) ;
- airline companies, travel agents and the partnership in the tourism industry;
- vendors or third-party service providers in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by the Company;
- agents, contractors, or third-party service providers who provide operational services to the Company, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, printing, billing, processing, technical services, training, market research, call center, security, employee or temporary employee recognition or other services;
- the external banks and credit card companies;
- the professional advisers such as consultants, auditors, and lawyers;
- relevant government ministries, statutory boards or authorities, or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and
- any other party to whom Users authorize to disclose Personal Information.
Article 5 (Transfer of personal information overseas)
The Company’s affiliated and or related corporations are based in Japan. The Personal information may be transferred to the Company’s affiliated corporations and appointed agents in Japan or other countries in connection with the Company’s performance of the contract with Users.
- When Users use the Website, a “cookie” is stored on Users’ computer as a file. The file contains the browsing history or content of the Users’ input transmitted between the browser and the server. The next time Users access the same website, the operator of the website can change the display for each User, by using the cookie information. When Users give permission to cookies on her/his browser, the website can obtain cookies from the Users’ browser. The Users’ browser sends only the cookie transmitted by the server of the Website, for privacy protection.
- Cookie settings
Note that Users can choose cookie settings from “Enable all cookies”, “Disable all cookies” and “Notify Users when receiving cookies”. Configuration of the settings varies for each browser. Please consult the browser’s “Help” menu of Users for information on configuring cookies. When Users choose “Disable all cookies”, services, the content available to Users may be restricted.
Article 7 (Risk Management)